Claygate Community Swimming Pool
Exciting news! We are finally going to be making a splash! Planning permission has been granted by Elmbridge Borough Council and we are now working on the detailed design ready to start work on our fabulous new Claygate Community Pool.
An all year round swimming pool in Claygate
Claygate Primary School Parents Association (CPSPA) have exciting plans to build a new swimming pool building for year round use by our whole community. Our aim is that the new facilities are truly a part of the community and open to all.
We have now raised £360,000.00 of our £580,000 target with significant contributions from Claygate Parish Council and Elmbridge Borough Council.
We now need help raising the last £250,000 required to make this project a reality. To give us the best chance to secure £250k funding from Surrey County Council please spend just 2 minutes to share your support for our application – Share Your Views On Your Fund Surrey Project Proposals – Commonplace. We need as much support as possible to be awarded the available funding which will enable us to deliver this wonderful facility in full to our community.
Our donation page is also still open and any contributions are always very much appreciated.
Your Fund Surrey
Surrey County Council is giving local communities up to £100m to spend on projects that will improve their local area. We would like to secure funding for the Claygate Community Pool.
This is where we need your help in supporting the project. The more votes we get, the greater the chance we have of securing funding.
It is very quick and easy to vote. Just click below, Search for the Claygate Community Pool and Agree’ with the project.
Why our pool matters
CPSPA was founded in the 1970s to fundraise for the existing open air swimming pool at the school that so many children have enjoyed and benefited from.
The pool was hand dug by parents and has been maintained since by the PA. It has been a long term aspiration of the school, Claygate Parish Council and many in the local community that the pool can be opened to the local community but without a roof, changing rooms and showers such opportunities have been limited, even during summer months.
- A high quality independent building.
- A building which uses the existing space dedicated to the swimming pool with no encroachment on the school field and playground.
- A design in keeping with the surrounding school buildings.
- A roof structure with potential to harness solar energy.
- A design that maximises natural daylight.
- A sustainable and well insulated facility.
- Dedicated fully accessible route to the building.
How will this enhance our community?
- A long life, high quality and sustainable, purpose-built swimming pool building.
- Year round swimming for all pupils, local residents and groups.
- Modern changing facilities and showers
- Additional community room, with kitchen, to be used in association with the swimming pool or independently.
- Income stream to Claygate Primary School.
Get involved in CPSPA fundraising!
- Fancy a challenge? Want to put your friends, kids or yourself to the test and be sponsored for it! We don't mind if you swim, knit or run!
- Does your business or your employer match Fund?
- Can you provide us with donations and discounts of building supplies?
- All financial contributions are most welcome
- Can you sponsor part of our project?
We have had fantastic support so far
Claygate Parish Council, Elmbridge Borough Council, Surrey County Council, Rowan School, Local Groups including Scouts, Brownies. Input and advice from numerous swim schools and experienced teachers, local residents and parents.
For further information, questions or to get involved with making this project a reality please contact the CPS Team – CPSCommunityPool@gmail.com